Stuck in negative thoughts or beliefs, here's an exercise to help.
How to shift negative thoughts and beliefs
Do you struggle to get out of negative thoughts about yourself or your situation? Perhaps you are tired of hearing the same old beliefs about yourself? Well here is a breath-based technique that will help you to shift from the shadow into the light of joy.
This technique will help you to shift your perceptions and grab a little space between you and your thoughts and beliefs. From that space, you will be able to feel lighter and see more clearly.
it’s natural for the mind to focus on negativity, the things that go wrong, as this trait has helped humans survive for so long. It is time for us to re-take control of our mind.
So here is the simple breathing exercise to dispel the shadows:
- Stand up
- Set your intention to clear negative thoughts and beliefs
- Take three small connected breaths. Breathe in through the nose and exhale through the mouth. There should be no pause at the end of the inhale or the exhale.
- take a small pause - we do not want to hyperventilate
- Repeat 3 & 4 for a full 2 minutes
- Rest for 1-minute and observe any changes in your mental state. The changes can be quite subtle, so open up to small shifts.
Breathing through the mouth clears energy faster than an exhaling through the nose.
This faster method of bringing an emotional state change to the body is a great way to shift and clear the negative thoughts and beliefs.
What is your experience of this breathing exercise? Please leave a comment.